Monday, January 19, 2009

Blogging Ettiquette

So I was talking to my aunt, Traci, about this this past weekend: I wanted to post a video clip of the They Might Be Giants song, "QU". I wanted to do this because McCade's spelling list included 'qu' words last week and it made me think of that song. I also wanted to sing the praises of They Might Be Giants when it comes to teaching kids about letters and reading, etc. (For those of you with small kids, this album and/or video is great!)

Anyway, I couldn't find it on you-tube. Instead, I found a homemade video of someone else's kids lip-syncing to QU. It was done quite well, actually. However, I felt really creepy about posting someone else's kids on my blog! Isn't there some unwritten rule about NOT posting others' kids on your blog without their permission? So, I decided not to post it after all. One: the creepy factor. Two: I'm too cheap to go to i-tunes and download it from there. And three: I decided it would be too long anyway. I decided to keep video posts to under a minute, if possible, because I have found my ADD doesn't allow for me to hang in there much longer than that. I also assume that in this fast-paced world, if my attention doesn't last longer than a minute, neither does anyone else's.

Maybe in my 'spare time' I'll create a 1-minute video of my own kids lip-syncing to QU. But don't hold your breath waiting for it.

1 comment:

Child Family said...

LOVE qu!! You should have your boys make their own video and post it. We are considering making a short film involving the spooky hand.